vrijdag 12 december 2014

20 (slightly weird) Facts About Me

Heyhey lovelies!

A bit of a different post than I usually do on a Friday, but what the heck, I was in the mood for it.
One of the blogposts I enjoy reading the most is the ’20 facts about me’. I love reading weird and funny things about the people I follow, it gives me a warm feeling inside. 
So I decided to join in myself! Hope you like it!

o   I’m a ‘warmth addict’. I literally go look for warm places everywhere since I get cold very quickly and I absolutely HATE it.
o   I have very bad vision. I have a dioptre of -8.5 on my right eye and -8.0 on my left eye, which basically means I am blind as f*ck without my glasses or contact lenses. I’ve had bad eyes since I was 7, but I’ve been stable for almost 3 years now so I’m thinking of getting my eyes lasered in the next years.
o   My favourite scent ever since I was little is Vanilla. As a kid I always used to go sniff my mother’s vanilla powder bags.
o   I have a huge sweet tooth.  When I was little I sometimes used to sneak into the kitchen and put a whole spoonful of nutella in my mouth. (Okay. I admit, this still happens now. But not much. Like, one time a month maybe ..?)
o   I have agoraphobia. This basically means that I have a fear of wide, open spaces. I remember having a viewmaster as a kid (you know, those things you put round cards in and then you can see all kinds of scenes through the eyethingies) and me and my sister had some space scene cards. I just couldn’t look at them, not being able to see the end of something gives me the most uncomfortable feeling ever. I also HATE movies  or videos that are filmed under water because the sea is such an infinite, open space. I can’t swim in a pool that’s so deep you can’t see the bottom of it, I don’t like going to Sea Life because of the shark tunnel… pretty weird phobia, right?
o   I have Raynaud’s disease. It’s not actually a disease, it’s more of a syndrome.  Raynaud's disease causes some areas of your body, such as your fingers and toes, to feel numb and cold in response to cold temperatures or stress. In Raynaud's disease, smaller arteries that supply blood to your skin narrow, limiting blood circulation to affected areas. My hands and feet then go blue, purple, orange, and eventually some of my fingers might turn white and numb. In response to warm temperatures the opposite happens: the arteries widen up and pump a whole lotta blood through, causing my hands and feet to swell and to turn extremely red. Raynauds also causes me to get cold very quickly (that’s probably why I’m such a warmth junkie!). I’ve had it for all my life and it doesn’t really cause problems, it’s mostly just uncomfortable and I have to wear gloves when the temperatures outside drop.
o   I could live in my pink dinosaur onesie.
o    I have the best boyfriend in the whole wide world.
o   I sleep with an Elmo cuddly toy every night. I got it from a friend  a few years ago and I’ve gotten so attached to it that I can’t sleep one night without it. I’ve always been the kind of person to get easily attached to stuffed animals.
o   I’m obsessed with things that scare me. Horror movies are my favourite although I can’t sleep for weeks after watching one. There was also a time that I was completely obsessed with the black humor cartoon series ‘Salad Fingers’, I just couldn’t stop watching it and wanted to know everything about it. The storyline is just so intruiging!
o   In my opinion, pugs are the most adorable creatures ever.
o   In my next life, I’d either want to be a cat or a lion. Seriously, cats and catlike animals are my soulmates. I just FEEL them.
o   I studied Latin – Modern Languages in highschool and did a year of Sciences of Arts at the University of Ghent before beginning my journalism studies.
o   I like to dip pickles chips in beer. Not just any beer though, it has to be Faro Boon (a Belgian beer). I call it ‘Farkles’. Hashtag noshame.
o    My favourite food EVER is Greek food.
o   I can’t listen to music without headphones on. I’m addicted to the quality of sound my Sennheiser brings me and songs just don’t have as much intensity when I hear them just from my laptop…
o   I’m a HUGE metal/metalcore fan.  Yup, I’m the girliest of girls, but bands like Bring Me The Horizon, Of Mice And Men, Amon Amarth  and Dimmu Borgir make my heart skip a beat. I also listen to metal to calm me down, which my boyfriend finds very strange (and sometimes annoying).
o   I danced from the age of 3 until I was 18 years old, then stopped when I went to Uni. Still miss it every day.
o   I have an inner emo kid that loves everything black and fangirls over Vanilla Sky, Simple Plan and All Time Low.
o   I spend way too much money on things to decorate my house, especially because I don’t really have a house to myself yet. But hey, never too early to start collecting!




4 opmerkingen: